[vlc] [QUESTION] how to listen radio with VLC in linux

Huang Shijie shijie8 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 10:59:11 CET 2010

hello everyone:
I am using the VLC to debug a V4L2 driver for a tv card tlg2300.
The driver supports ALSA, but I do not know how to listen the radio with
ALSA audio.
I tried many times, but failed.

btw: I can watch TV with VLC and the driver.
I add a "telegent" audio input for the system, such as
---------- /etc/asound.conf -------
pcm.telegent {
type hw
card 1
};

then , I use the GUI of the VLC to watch TV by the V4L2 interface.

The radio uses v4l2 interface, it will register as the /dev/radio0.
So, does anyone know how to listen radio with VLC?

Thanks.

Best Regards
Huang Shijie