[vlc] bug report: tray icon degraded 1.0.5 vs. 1.0.3

Asher Levy asherlevy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:41:12 CET 2010

Hello,
I've discovered a regression in the tray icon after upgrading VLC player
from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5
It can be viewed in the attached image. Both versions are running
simultaneously, with 1.0.5 showing on the left & 1.0.3 on the right.
I saved as BMP to keep original colors.

operating system and the version: *Windows 2000 SP4*
VLC media player version: *1.0.5* (works OK in 1.0.3)
The hardware I use: problem not related to playing...
Can you always *reproduce* the problem in a certain way? *Yes:
*1. rename existing installation directories ("Program Files\VideoLAN",
"Application Data\vlc").
2. extract both setup packages to temporary directories.
3. rename executables to "vlc103|105.exe", and run them.

Regards,
Asher