[vlc] development suggestion for VLC Media Player

Koen Cherlet koencherlet at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 13 14:01:54 CET 2010

Dear VLC Media Player developers

I'm an experienced VLC Media Player user and I would like to make a couple of suggestions to further improve your media player.

1. "Media keys" for VLC Media Player, please:
Many keyboards nowadays have "media keys" to allow users to play and manage Windows Media Player. As far as I know, however, it's impossible to use your keyboard to control VLC Media Player. It would be fantastic if I could use my keyboard to control VLC !

2. I think you should integrate VLC Media Player and the playlist in one single window. Not two. It's really cumbersome...

Thanks for considering my suggestions !

All the best and keep up the good work !

Cheers,
Koen Cherlet
Belgium