[vlc] Problems with Browser Plugin for OSX

Michael Ditum mike at mikeditum.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 14:10:37 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get the browser plugin for OSX working on a couple of mac
mini's I have. One is running Leopard and the other is running Snow Leopard
but both have the same problems. I'm using the 1.0.5 32bit intel web browser
plugin from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html and have been
testing with http://vlc.revolunet.com/simple.html (to make sure it's nothing
I've been doing wrong).

In firefox (3.6) and Safari it plays the video fine, but when I move away to
a different page the last frame of the video stays and the only way I have
of getting rid of it is to close the browser.

I tried building the latest git version but am currently unable to due to an
error during compilation (libiconv.dylib: No such file or directory).

Is anyone else seeing this issue? I haven't seen any reports of it on the
forums or mailing list. Does anyone know how to work around it or if it's
fixed in the latest git?

Thanks for your help!

Mike