[vlc] Trojan found in vlc windows installer

robert vickerstaff robert.vickerstaff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 01:35:17 CET 2010

Hi,

I just downloaded vlc windows installer from a NZ mirror and scanned it with
clamwin anti virus which found a trojan. I'm scanning my whole system now to
try to find out if the trojan was already on my system, but thought you
might appreciate me letting you know. Here are some details:

I went to:
http://www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.php?file=vlc/1.0.5/win32/vlc-1.0.5-win32.exe

I got this page:
Downloading from CacheBoy, New-Zealand. Click here if your download doesn't
start. Refresh the page to download from another mirror.

If you want to put a direct download link on your website, please use
http://www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.php?file=vlc/1.0.5/win32/vlc-1.0.5-win32.exe.
Please don't use a direct link. This script allows us to distribute the
network load across our mirrors. Thanks.

 scanned with clamwin antivirus
Scan Started Wed Feb 24 13:18:56 2010

C:\Documents and Settings\dell\My Documents\Downloads\vlc-1.0.5-win32.exe:
Trojan.Monder-136 FOUND