[vlc] Displaying date/time stamp

Frank DiRocco ofanged1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:43:26 CET 2010

RS,

If the time is recorded in a separate video channel, you may need to
enable that channel. To look at the available video tracks open the
MPG with VLC. Leave it playing or stop it (doesn't matter). Navigate
the menu Video -> Video Track, there is a slight chance it is
available as a subtitle track in the next menu (some Sony handcams).

If not that, you will probably will have to google search, notice how
I copy and pasted your own words and appended "time stamp"
http://www.google.com/search?&q=sony+digital+handycams+as+.MPG+%28mpeg2+i+think%29+time+stamp
just ignore the second link from nabble which is this thread
immortalized :)