[vlc] Permission to mimic your Wiki page

Harris, David David.Harris at arrisi.com
Tue Jan 12 16:39:10 CET 2010

Dear VLC Wiki Creators,

I work for a cable Internet, Video, Voice and Mobile equipment vendor called ARRIS (http://www.arrisi.com).

The FMC project (http://www.arrisi.com/solutions/fmc/index.asp) in ARRIS would like to publish customer documentation in a dynamic format, specifically Wiki using MediaWiki. Of all the Wiki documentation pages we could find, yours is the most impressive.

With your persmission, I'd like to re-use a lot of the layout and Wiki syntax you guys are using and edit it according to our company, product and documentation, at least as a starting point. I will of course give your Wiki credit for providing the reference point for our Wiki. I will also send you a link once we have a version you can see. I'm thinking the first version of our public Wiki will look very similar to yours, but different enough (color, layout, and of course content) that people won't be confused.

So, before I do all this work, I want to make sure the general idea is OK with you. Do you have any problems, concerns, or issues with this ?

Many Thanks,
David

David Harris
ARRIS Group