[vlc] missing file errors

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri Jan 15 08:54:39 CET 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 02:09:39 -0500, Thomas Schneider <tds at fred.net> wrote:
> When VLC is looking at a file, if I move the file elsewhere it hangs.
> It makes an infinite number of error messages and gets hung up.  Put
> one message out and shut up!  Better yet, just accept that the file is
> gone and don't say anything, popups that one has to click on are
> annoying and I know what I did.  Thanks.

I just verified and VLC continues playing the file as if nothing happened.
This is the expected behavior from a well behaving operating system. If I
try to start playing a non-existent file, I get only one error.

Most probably, you've enabled the playlist loop.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net