[vlc] VLC: audio issues

Zach LS zach88 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 17 03:51:52 CET 2010

After using VLC media player for a year or so on the same laptop, running on Windows Vista, the program has suddenly stopped playing any audio, though video still plays fine. I have had no audio issues with any other programs: files opened with VLC have no audio, but Realplayer, WMP, itunes, etc. play these files with the audio. I've updated to the latest version of VLC after using 1.0.1 and attempted to work this out through the forums and failed. Any help with this issue is appreciated.