[vlc] cooperation with ATi ?

Arioch the_Arioch at nm.ru
Fri Jul 2 20:55:28 CEST 2010

В письме от Fri, 02 Jul 2010 21:49:59 +0400, Jean-Baptiste Kempf
<jb at videolan.org> сообщал:

BTW, from my experience, GPU codecs are way more fragile (wrt to
non-commonly encoded media) than decades-polished CPU ones.
There still are lots of movies that causes artefacts when GPU-payed.

For user it would be important to have quick switch between GPU decoding
and CPU decoding.
The well-known MPC-HC lacks this and that frequently makes user to turn it
off completely.

I wish top menu item like Video -> [x] Use GPU/DSP acceleration for easy
fixing artefacts.

Ideally VLC could implement cache "lastly payed video" remembering which
video to play in CPU-only mode.
Such a cache would also enable "Continue from where stopped" feature, very
cnvenient one (my main player - KMPlayer - has it)

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/