[vlc] Problem VLC suddenly now cuts out

p pablo222 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 2 16:44:00 CEST 2010

I have loved VLC for years and have never had a problem ever.

Now, I am getting with all my video and music files a pause or skip or cut out.

It appears like an audio pop at times and at others its a half to a full second pause or skip before the video or music continues.

I have checked the video and audio files against Media Player Classic and Media Player 10.  I have also checked it against Flash for the flash videos that this has happened with.  I also have checked it against Real Player that I do not at all like.  None of the other players have this problem.  This issue started two days ago.

I have been through the Faq, and other Wikis as well as searching through google and other search engines. I have not seen any solutions or seen any reports like mine. The closest was a person who had the audio cut out for 10 to 30 seconds in your forums.  That person is still working to solve the problem as there was no solution offered but lots of requests as to settings and other stuff.

I have posted on one forum where someone suggested that I switch over to SMplayer or use SMplayer with VLC.  That is not a solution but someone asking me to give up on VLC. As I have stated, I really like VLC and have never since I first saw VLC and used it many years ago until now had a problem.  VLC had always played videos that other players could not and did a great job. Now I am frustrated because its not working like it should.

I just upgraded from the very first version to the 1.1.0 version a few months back.  Microsolf update 3811 stealth update caused my VLC first version to crash and not be compatible with Win XP.  So I upgraded to the newest version and it played flawlessly until now.  Suddenly over  the last two days its got this problem.  Its horrible to have video or audio cut out very few seconds. The amount of cut outs makes one not want to use the product.

I have also been told that VLC may be under attack by Microsoft as they do not want people to use your product and that Microsoft may have done another stealth update to effect VLC. Do not know if this is true or not. But I do know that update 3811 that Microsoft did effected several older media players to make them uncompatible with Windows XP to Win 7.

Please help!
PM