[vlc] error in using 1.1.0-2 version of VLC player

Prof R K Gupta-India cityju at rediffmail.com
Thu Jul 8 00:51:05 CEST 2010

Today when I was using VLC on my PC, the message came to upgrade the player with latest version.I didn the same and installed it.
But now when I play any video file green stips appear on the screen which flicker and it looks as if the movie is going behind a green venetial blind like screen.Of course I can always do the system restore but then why new version is giving such major error?I never saw any wrror in VLC in past.

Please help

Prof R K Gupta
India