[vlc] Videolan 1.1.x needs administrator rights to install.

Arioch the_Arioch at nm.ru
Wed Jul 14 00:20:06 CEST 2010

В письме от Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:14:19 +0400, Seggelen, Hans van
<hans.vanseggelen at oce.com> сообщал:

> I have found out Videolan 1.1.0 needs administrator right to install
> which I do not have.
>
> Older versions do not need this, as a result of that I can no longer
> upgrade.
>
> Is this policy?

That should be very deendant on where do you want it to install, what file
folders and what registry branches.

And that is Vista/Win7 UAC that demands it.

Generally, if you do not have admin grants, you'd better not installl
programs but use "portable" ones.

To the VLC, download 7z package, unpack it where you want it and run it
without installation.
VLc works nice without it :-)

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/