[vlc] mms audio stream input.....

Jacob McHenry jmchenry at dajsolutions.com
Sun Jun 6 06:03:21 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

is there a way within vlc to retry an mms input if it happens to blip or go
down? Maybe I'm missing something, but as of right now I have it installed
as a windows service with the windows service manager watching for failures
and restarting the service. Just wondering if there was something I could
add to my command line to get it to retry on input failure or stopping after
the vlc stream starts...

on a second note, with this same mms input stream, it takes on average about
a minute or so, maybe just over, for the stream to actually start buffering,
it just sits there and looks like it errors and waits for a retry on the
http 1.0 command sending.... any ideas?

the mms stream is from a remote machine generated by windows media encoder
9.

VLC is on windows 2k3, 1.0.5, windows build of course.

--
Thanks,
Jake McHenry