[vlc] video conversion HELP!

Erin Socall erin at erinsocall.com
Mon Jun 14 20:36:08 CEST 2010

Hey there -

I have been working on converting/editing some video footage I have but I am
a complete rube.  I have no idea what I am doing and I am also having a hard
time following text instructions.  Basically what I need is to convert a DVD
to an avi then be able to edit it.  How do I do this exactly (layman's terms
pretend I am even more stupid than right now) using VLC for Ubuntu?  My
deadline is tonight at midnight.

Please please please help me!

Fond and committed user of VLC;

Erin

--
cell/text: 416.937.8860
email: info at erinsocall.com
website: www.erinsocall.com

"Water which is too pure has no fish" ~Ts'ai Ken T'an ~

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many you get
through, but how many can get through to you"  ~ Mortimer J. Adler ~