[vlc] Audio Stream

Jacob McHenry jmchenry at dajsolutions.com
Wed Jun 16 22:02:43 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

Is there a way within vlc on command line to retry an mms input stream if it
happens to blip or go down? Maybe I'm missing something, but as of right now
I have it installed as a windows service with the windows service manager
watching for failures and restarting the service. This only works if vlc
crashes. Just wondering if there was something I could add to my command
line to get it to retry on input failure after the vlc stream starts...

On a second note, with this same mms input stream, it takes on average about
a minute or so, maybe just over, for the stream to actually start buffering,
it just sits there and looks like it errors and waits for a retry on the
http 1.0 command sending.... any ideas?

The mms input stream is from a remote machine generated by windows media
encoder 9.

VLC is on windows 2k3, 1.0.5, windows build of course.

This is the 4th time over the past 2 weeks I have sent this same message, is
anyone actually seeing it? I'm not getting my own posts to the mailing list.
on this list do we see our own posts?

Thanks,
Jake McHenry