[vlc] VLC streaming exclusion

Bruno.SEYS at ncsa.nato.int Bruno.SEYS at ncsa.nato.int
Fri Jun 18 10:20:19 CEST 2010

Classification: NATO UNCLASSIFIED - RELEASABLE FOR INTERNET TRANSMISSION

Hi,

Our organization is looking into using VLC player on our Windows based
LAN in order to broadcast UDP Multicasting TV channels.  We are strongly
convinced that VLC is the number one and will provide maximum quality
and user experience.  However, we do not want that the user is able to
multicast by themselves on the network, in other words we require that
the streaming functionality is disabled by default.  How can we do this
with minimum hassle or effort ?  Isn't there a way to get somewhere a
compiled version with exclusion of the streaming feature ?  I want to
add that I haven't any experience with compiling from source code.

Regards,

Bruno

Mr Bruno SEYS
NCSA Sector Mons / Command Sqn
Plans & Requirements Eng
Bldg 117 / Room 231
SHAPE

PTT 0032 65 44 5280
NCN 254-5280

P  Help save paper - do you need to print this email ?