[vlc] New problem with Transcoding

Ron Ramsey rr43 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 27 06:36:27 CEST 2010

I'm a student in an on line program.  I use a mac and the videos we
are supposed to watch are offered to mac users in an MMS streaming
protocol.  Here's an example:

mms://media.amridgeuniversity.edu/UnfoldingTheLaundryPart1SalvadorMinuchin.wmv

Up until recently, I was able to stream and transcode these files.  I
would set the transcoding for H264 and MPEG audio.  I would then use
iSkysoft to convert them to quick time format so I could save them and
watch them anytime.

I have two issues that I do not see a resolution for on any of the
user data or forums:

1)  Just recently, the transcoding process on transcodes and saves the
audio and not the video.

2)  Trying to simply watch the movies without transcoding is difficult
because the audio chops in and out after about 10 minutes into a 50
min video and the play/pause feature does not work, i.e., if I pause
the video it will not restart.  I have to go back to the beginning and
start all over.

I hope you can help me figure out what I need to do to remedy these
problems.

Thanks

Ron ramsey
248.224.2134