[vlc] VLC media player 1.0.5 (BUGS ??)

boon kwan boonkwan at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Mar 2 16:24:28 CET 2010

Dear Sir / Madam
1) I am currently using VLC 1.0.5, it is a great software, many thanks

2) I have chance upon something weird though, thought it is courteous to let you guys know about it ...
a) I used bit-torrent to download video files
b) When the files are still in progress (not fully finished download), a temporary file can be accessed at my local folder.
c) When i click the "unfinished video file ABC" at about 10-40% download completion, VLC will display ANOTHER FILE in my pc at random. This initially makes me think that the original torrent seeds are corrupted at source.
d) However, when the same file ABC has more than 60-70% completion, it display the REAL file content (which is different from the display at stage c, 10-40% completion). After achieving more than 60% download completion, VLC is very constant and stable to display the REAL file content.

I am not sure if this is a bug, but hope it helps in a small way,.... you guys have come out with a real great software, well done
Thanks
bk