[vlc] Piping YUV data into VLC

Toufik Ahmed tad at labri.fr
Fri Mar 12 20:41:58 CET 2010

Rémi Denis-Courmont a écrit :
> Le jeudi 18 février 2010 21:06:45 Toufik Ahmed, vous avez écrit :
>
>> Hi VLC team
>> I have an application which generates a CIF YUV data and I want to
>> display them with VLC (first in standalone and after I ll try to
>> integrate VLC into my application). Is there any solution to piping this
>> data into VLC (using windows)
>>

> Tell VLC to open a named pipe, and write the YUV frames in so-called 'mplayer'
> YUV format.

Hi
I have created a program that write the YUV stream to a named pipe on
windows,  to allow VLC to read it after.
My problem is that VLC cannot read this pipe.
Here is how I created the pipe:

    |   npipe = CreateNamedPipe("\\\\.\\pipe\\TestChannel",
    PIPE_ACCESS_DUPLEX, PIPE_TYPE_MESSAGE | PIPE_WAIT,
    PIPE_UNLIMITED_INSTANCES , 1024, 1024,5000,NULL);|

I ran VLC using the following command to read the data on pipe:

    |vlc.exe \\.\pipe\TestChannel|

VLC starts but a message error is shown : VLC could not open the file "
\\.\pipe\TestChannel".

I wonder if someone has expiremented the named pipe on windows. I need
your help on this topic

Best regards

P.S : I m also trying to pass this YUV data using invmem module, so any
help is also appreciated