[vlc] Why oh why is the playlist so bad?

Travis Detert travis.detert at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 00:10:19 CET 2010

Firstly, let me say that vlc plays almost everything I through at it.  No Doubt.

Secondly.  Why oh why, is the playlist on mac os SOOOO insanely broken?!?!?

a. On playback of multiple items in playlist, screen resizes to the item height x width.  Why oh why!?!?!  Please just keep it maximized.
b. On playback of multiple items from drag/drop vlc plays the last item dropped.  Why oh why?!?!  Please, just play them in order based on the file list.  Which (at least under windows) is alphabetized...

These features to me seem completely obvious as bugs, or oversights in development but HOW?  I realize beggars can't be choosers (ME), but how could these issues be so overlooked?

Don't get me wrong.  AWESOME program, but these features are really obvious ones.  Just sayin' :)

As a web developer making these types of interfaces, these are clearly unacceptable oversights, but knowing how the underlying code is complex as well I understand how this happens as well as a lower level programming language developer.

No disrespect!  VLC plays an amazing array of files, nearly flawlessly but the UI needs some help :)

Travis
UI Freak.

Rock on VLC!