[vlc] Why Can't I Register on Your Website?

Lauren Goldberg lagoldberg8397 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 19:20:45 CET 2010

Greetings,

I've been trying to register on your website so I can post a question on Mac users forum but my proposed username keeps getting rejected.  It's lagoldberg8397, which works on every other site I've ever registered on and doesn't appear to have any forbidden characters.  I've also tried lagoldberg and laurengoldberg and keep getting turned down.  Is it because your moderator has closed the board or is there something else I can try?

My question is this--I've downloaded Handbrake and VLC Media Player but Handbrake is 64-bit and the VLC media player is 32-bit.  What should I do?  Is there a 64-bit version that's stable enough for a new user to try?  I have a MacBook Pro with a 2.26 GHz Intel processor and a 2GB hard drive and am running Snow Leopard.

Thanks!

Lauren