[vlc] Bug with accessing ogg files over the network (local LAN) from a .xspf file

chrish at techspecs.com chrish at techspecs.com
Wed Mar 17 23:49:53 CET 2010

Hi,

   I am using version 1.0.5 (using XP SP3) and it generally works great. But, there is a nagging issue that isn't imperative to fix but is a nuisance. This issue is when the computer is rebooted and a network drive hasn't been accessed yet but vlc is started and a .xspf file loaded. When the "play" button is depressed, error messages appear. The actual ogg files are located on the network (Z:) drive.

Now, if I start the computer and access the network drive using Windows Explorer (which I guess opens the network drive?), then vlc works normally.

It seems that vlc should check whether the network drive is open and, if not, open it before accessing files.

I hope this level of detail is sufficient. If not, I will gladly provide more information.

Best,
  Chris