[vlc] Question about MPEG-4 AVC / H.264

Degregorio, Jeffery jeffery.degregorio at christushealth.org
Thu Mar 25 15:28:39 CET 2010

Good morning:

I have a question about VLC.  Is there a certain way I need to set up
VLC Media Player "1.0.5 Goldeneye" and if so, how?  The problem is that
I have a simple video about 60MB and it freezes immediately after a few
frames every time I play the video (however, the sound plays correctly)
I have to slow it down to 50% to get the video portion to play.  I'm
trying this on a 2.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 with 1022MB RAM on a Windows XP
SP2.  What item(s) do you suggest I look at to get the video to play at
1.00X?

I'm kind of new to video media, but was told that VLC would be the way
to go.

Your help and ideas, tips, settings suggestions, etc. will be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff DeGregorio

HR Information Systems Coordinator

Human Resources Center

716 Ayers Street - Corpus Christi TX 78404

Phone: 361-881-3343

Fax: 361-883-6478