[vlc] aspect ratio

matt matthew_slattery at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 17:46:23 CET 2010

I am having a problem maintaining aspect ratio on a compilation dvd. This is very annoying since I am not finding any answer to it on the site or in forums.

Here's what I do:

1 place dvd in and select no menus
2 right click select view then aspect ratio (leaving scaling alone)
3 select 16:9 instead of 4:3
4 close and play dvd.

After the first video on disk play's, it reverts back to 4:3 and I end up having to repeat the same steps from 2-4. This is very annoying to have to continously change every time a new video is played. So the question is how to make default aspect ratio 16:9 so I don't have to keep changing it every time I plat a dvd.
Note to developer(s): On installation user's should be allowed to decied what default aspect ratio they are most likely to use since todays pc/mac are mostly widesceen.All other aspect ratio's such as 1:1, 16:10, 2.21:1 and 5:4.

Thank you,

Matt