[vlc] Fix request #3625

Jaroslav Horak horak at jablocom.com
Tue May 18 11:50:39 CEST 2010

Dear developers,

We found VLC player is very good for ordinary people. So we started to suggest our customers to use VLC player as alternative to windows media player for playing video records made by our security cameras. We also mentioned VLC player in our FAQ.

It is so easy for use that even user that has no idea what is codec or MJPEG..., can play video with your program. But in recent time we found serious bug (our point of view). I have reported it as #3625: Unable to play AVI(mjpg) file with slow frame rate (2 fps or less)

Video records from our cameras are usually 2 or 1 fps in maximum camera resolution and can be even slower like 5 seconds per frame. These videos can be played with windows media player, but some users has problem with this Microsoft stuff and we also have a lot of customers that do not use windows. But unfortunately because the bug the records can not be played with VLC. We have to do something with it.

I would like to ask you if you are able to fix mentioned bug on commercial basis? We are ready to pay for fixing the bug. Please let us know if it is possible and how much money you will need for fixing this issue?

If we do not resolve this issue in reasonable time we will have to start searching for similar player that will be able to play all mjpg records correctly.

Regards
Jaroslav

Jaroslav Horák
R&D department