[vlc] Visualizing and editing tags in audio files?

Angel Tsankov fn42551 at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Sat May 22 21:49:07 CEST 2010

Felix Paul Kühne wrote:
> On 19.05.2010, at 08:39, Angel Tsankov wrote:
>
>> How can I visualize and/or edit ID2, ID3 and other tags in audio files?
>
> You can do so with the Information panel available in the playlist window (on Linux and Windows) or in the Window menu on Mac OS X.

When I open the Information panel, it is empty (except for the title and
  location fields, but I am not sure if the audio files contain any
tags).   When I enter some info and save it, no error occurs, but the
file is not modified and when I restart VLC the information panel for
the same audio file is empty again.

Angel Tsankov