[vlc] VLC cant play my CD's and DVD's

marcelo piwnica mpiwnica at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 09:27:37 CEST 2010

Unfortunately this is not the first time I'm writing to you about the abovementioned problem,but up to now I wrote many postings in your forum and I got no conclusive answer.So the problem still is there.
The description of the problem is that my VLC MEDIA PLAYER cant read my CD's and DVD's because when I put a disk on my computer player and try to open the disk (to play it) VLC issues an error message that it is INCAPABLE OF OPENING THE MRL AND THAT TO SEE MORE DETAILS I MUST CONSULT THE REGISTRY(up to this moment I couldnt locate this registry).
The main page of VLC which contains all the functions of the program has three buttons (AUDIO,VIDEO and REPRODUCTION) which have more than two dozen functions but they are all grayed.This is to say that I cant use any because they are no links to anything in the program and I find that they are a part of the MRL which VLC cant open(my supposition).
I have VLC installed for about three years and I could never make it play my disks and in the last couple of months I installed (and uninstalled) it five times trying to fix the problem(now I have installed your latest 1.1.0.pre4 version) but the story repeats over and over again and I still cant make VLC play my disks,because I think that for some unknown reason I feel that there is almost a 50% of the program that I could never download...a complete mystery...
My operating system is Pentium 4 with a Windows 7 program installed and Internet Explorer 8.Perhaps some incompatibilities with anything here?.
I have no problems in reading the files that are INSIDE my computer,in fact VLC is a marvelous file reader and player.But when it comes to disks(which are  OUTSIDE) it takes no notice that a disk is inserted in my computers player.Even it doesnt appear in the service grid that appears normally when you insert it.
I hope I have made a full  and clear description on which is my problem related to VLC and I hope you will understand it.
Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards and have a nice day.

Marcelo Piwnica
Israel