[vlc] Problem option "Satisfy the time" with FLAC-files.

FAROUX Jean-Pierre j.pierre.faroux at free.fr
Sat Nov 6 15:26:35 CET 2010

 Hello,

I've encountered a problem (serious for me) concerning Audio Playback and option
"Satisfy the time", only with flac-files. Files used contain tracks and I have
relevant external cuesheets.

1. With a file.flac open, I select a specified time between two tracks and click
on Go button. The track slider moves and selected time is displayed at the
bottom of the interface. Right.

            Then the audio file begin to play, not from specified (and
displayed) moment but before or later, with various time-lagsthat depend onthe
chosen gap between tracks (by example from -10s to -58s for the seven first gaps
of the file and from+10s to +60s for the  seven last ones). (VLC 1.1.4 and 0.9.8a).

2. With file.flac.CUE open (VLC 1.1.4), the  button  NEXT gives the same result
(exactly the same time-lags).
 Some tests :

3. All FLAC files, obtained from the same initial file (file.wav by example)
with different encoders, give an identical result.

4. With another mediaplayer (J.River Media Jukebox by example), playing track by
track works fine (without time-lag)for all flac-files

 5. With file.ape, file.ape.cue and file.wav, file.wav.cue, option "specify the
time" and button   NEXT work fine on VLC.

It seems that the location of time by VLC poses problemin flac-file.

 Rem1. This problem occurs in all mediaplayers employing VLC (PS3 Media Server
by example)

 Rem2. Feature request (once the above problem solved) : support for embedded
cuesheet in flac-files. It would be great.

 Thank for your attention on this problem (bug?).