[vlc] Problems with Windows HD Playbacks

Isuru Siriwardana disturbedone at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 7 14:15:16 CET 2010

I love your player which is why i am goin through the trouble to mail you this: the fact that it can play all the video formats and the fact that it is open source. Keep it up Guys!
however there is a slight problem I might need to report to you which is very irritating and other open source players might have surpassed you in.

To the point:

1. When playing HD movies 720p or 1080p in various formats including MP4, AVI and MKV, i understand that the buffering is slow so the response could be slow and sluggish. However once the player buffers and starts playing it should play properly. but in my case the video simply clutters with large squares and it comes to the point where a static picture remains in the player. I play it in a laptop - Core 2 Duo 1.66 Ghz and 2GB RAM with an ATI 256MB VGA with 128MB dedicated. which i hope is enough to cope up with an HD video. Because MPCHC plays it perfectly! i think the problem is related to using too much of system resources
VLC uses about 200k memory while MPCHC does it with about 150k memory
could you please look into this matter since it is very irritating.
why dont i stick to MPCHC then? because im very familiar with the VLC interface and i am loyal :)

2. 'the font cache is being rebuit' or something pops up almost everytime. i constantly update my fonts because i need them for my work so i cannot have this popping up and eating up about 15 mins everytime i go to watch my Big Bang Theory episode ok? please find a solution for this. I see absolutly no other player having this kind of process, not MPCHC atleast

3. could you guys introduce the function where the player would pause and minimize itself in one button. like in the MPCHC when the 'B' key is pressed? would be very very useful!

um... that is all... for now
please dont ignore this. At least think about the time i used to type this out for you guys :)
if possible to keep me interested send me a reply saying that you guys looked into the matter - would appreciate it a lot

thank you
release 2.0 :D