[vlc] Stream Input

Jacob McHenry jmchenry at dajsolutions.com
Tue Nov 9 19:05:22 CET 2010

I asked this question a couple of months ago without a reasonable response.
I am using vlc to generate 3 streams from an original mms stream. I need to
come up with a way to either shut down vlc if the original input stream is
interrupted in any way, or to stop and restart the "sub streams". If the
input stream goes down, vlc just sits there currently.... broadcasting dead
air. I have a vb watcher looking for vlc.exe every minute and starts the
service if its not running. If I could exit vlc on input failure, then my
script would restart the stream. Does anyone have any ideas?

--
Thanks,
Jake McHenry