[vlc] VLC streaming server in virtual machine

Gupta, Vikas vguptaa at essex.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 16:09:02 CET 2010

Hi
      I have vlc on one of my Virtual machine (Windows Xp) , I am trying to make it as a UDP streaming server and trying to access the video file on another virtual machine. Its not working. I tried the same thing on physical machines and it works fine. My both virtual machine are on the same network and the UDP port are open. I am using VMware player  and Also XenServer. I tried in both, it does not work. The vlc server starts streaming but the client does not receive.

If you want more explanation, plz email me.

Regards
Vikas