[vlc] probably bug in vlc-1.1.5-win32.exe

Oliver HeldOlli at gmx.de
Tue Nov 30 18:31:45 CET 2010

Hello VLC team,

I installed and used the windows version of your vlc player/encoder
1.1.5 . It seems that it does not correctly play mp3 files. They sound
snatchy with breaks. I downloaded it again to check download issues. I
got the same file. I reinstalled version 1.1.4 and it works fine again.

I know, this is probably not the correct way of a bug report. But
perhaps it helps to find the reason.

short setup description
=======================
System
------
- EeePC 901 (WinXP Home, Atom N270, 1GB Main Memory)

VLC Installation
----------------
- installed 1.1.5 over 1.1.4 with guided deinstallation of 1.1.4
- did not selected deletion of old cache and settings while
(de)installation process
- selected all file types
- deselected ActiveX-Plugin

Playback
--------
- a selection of some mp3 files (lame encoded, vlc encoded)
- mp3
- CBR 192 kb/s
- (real) stereo or jont stereo
- 44100 Hz