[vlc] VLC does not support the audio or video format "mpgv

pushparaj muthu muthu.pushparaj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 12:49:03 CEST 2010

Hi

I'm trying to play mpeg file by  using vlc player for that I have
download vlc-1.1.4 tar file and  compiled and install in my pc

I have also installed necessary codec in my system like ffmpeg,
mpeg2lib, x264 etc

I could not see any video by runing vlc player ( any of the mpeg file
format ) . Only I could able to listen audio only

I'm getting error message as given below

No suitable decoder module:

VLC does not support the audio or video format "mpgv". Unfortunately
there is no way for you to fix this.

No suitable decoder module:

VLC does not support the audio or video format "h264". Unfortunately
there is no way for you to fix this.

No suitable decoder module:

VLC does not support the audio or video format "mp4a". Unfortunately
there is no way for you to fix this.

No suitable decoder module:

VLC does not support the audio or video format "mpgv". Unfortunately
there is no way for you to fix this.

No suitable decoder module:

Could you please help in the direct direction

Regards
Raj