[vlc] VLC for use in Local Authority

Robinson, Wayne Wayne.Robinson at nelincs.gov.uk
Wed Oct 27 14:43:52 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am looking at rolling out VLC to our desktop estate but have come
across a grey area with regards to the decoding of the MPEG2 codec.

Can you tell me if we are licensed to install VLC on our machines? Or if
there is a license/royalty that we would need to pay?

Thank you for your time.

Regards
Wayne Robinson
Principal ICT Analyst
ICT Desktop Support
North East Lincolnshire Council
Civic Offices, Knoll Street, Cleethorpes
North East Lincolnshire, DN35 8NL
Tel: 01472 32 (3999)
Wayne.Robinson at nelincs.gov.uk
Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you
really need to.
Confidentiality Note
The information in this message including any attachments may be
confidential or privileged and is for the use of the named recipient
only. If you are not the named or intended recipient you may not copy,
distribute or deliver this message to anyone or take any action in
reliance on it. If you receive this message in error please contact the
sender immediately and delete it from your system.

style='font-size:14.0pt;font-family:Webdings;mso-bidi-font-family:Webdings;
color:green'>P </span><span style='font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
color:green'>Reduce your environmental footprint, please do not print this
email unless you really need to. </span><span style='font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:blue'><o:p></o:p></span></p>

style='font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:blue'><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
electronic message contains information from North East Lincolnshire Council
which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for
the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message in error, please telephone or email the number(s) or address
above immediately. Activity and use of the North East Lincolnshire email system
is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business
purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be
recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.
Scanned by Anti Virus Software</span></p>