[vlc] problems with my download and my Mac

Laia Olivier land_of_laia_music at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 00:53:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

I need help.

 I should be able to use the VLC for my version, but for some reason, I can't.  I was able to download it, but then I get the message that it it not for my version.  I do not have the Intel based Mac, so I know what version I'm downloading.

Can you help me?    Please?

Thanks,

L@!@

Here is my PowerMac G5 info.

Hardware Overview:

  Machine Name:    Power Mac G5
  Machine Model:    PowerMac11,2
  CPU Type:    PowerPC G5 (1.0)
  Number Of CPUs:    2
  CPU Speed:    2 GHz
  L2 Cache (per CPU):    1 MB
  Memory:    6 GB
  Bus Speed:    1 GHz
  Boot ROM Version:    5.2.7f1
  Serial Number:    G861324JUV0

====================================

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Package for PowerPC-based Macs, 1.1.4.1
Download VLC.
MD5: e9be4a7f53cf298b9dea64a1d771fbce
Latest Web browser plugins for 10.5 and later (release 1.0.5)
Web Browser plugin for Intel-based Macs (0B)
Mirror    Location    Download
Random mirror    Not too far away    Download
Show full mirrors list

Contacting us
For VLC media player user-related questions, please see our Support section and the users Mailing-lists.
Support questions for VLC media player should be mailed vlc - at - videolan.org.
If you want to contact the VideoLAN team, about partnerships, legal aspects or any non-support related questions , please write to videolan - at - videolan.org in French or English.
If you want to redistribute some VideoLAN software (VLC, VLS...) in a magazine for example, you don't need to ask us the permission ! You can distribute an original or a modified version as long as you comply with its license terms, i.e. the GNU General Public License Version 2. The easiest way to conform to this licence is to accompany the software with its sources. For example, if you plan to distribute a binary version of VLC on a CD, you should also include on the same CD all the files listed on the VLC source code page.
In case you write an article about VideoLAN, we would be very glad to have a copy of it to add to our press book. You can send us the article at the following address:
VideoLAN
18, rue Charcot
75013 Paris
France