[vlc] Support!

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Oct 30 21:00:31 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 11:32:39AM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote :
> > They told it is recommended nowadays by the
> > companies(like HP, HCL, Lenovo, Sony, Toshiba, Acer and many more) and their
> > sellers and dealers not to use VLC Player! I like the VLC Team to find and
> > rectify the problems created by using the player, so that the companies
> > recommend using it!
>
> What a steaming pile of crap. I can't figure out if the OP is serious or
> just trolling. I'm leaning towards trolling.

The OP is deadly serious. HP does indeed says this kind of stupidity.

They sell laptops where their speakers cannot deal with what their
soundcard and driver actually output.

The fact that VLC can software-amplify the input over 100% is used as an
excuse to void warranty (software amplification can just create more
saturation). In fact they try to tell people that VLC is ampliyfing the output,
and such destroying the speakers, while it only can produce more
saturated sound.

VLC of course, only uses normal Windows API and doesn't touch either the
driver nor the actual output. But their speakers are of sub-quality and
can't support the output (that might be saturated more than usual) they
are outputting...

Voiding warranty makes them more money...

Do NOT buy any HP laptop. Dell does the same.
Buy Lenovo, Samsung, Acer or even Apple computers.

Best Regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/