[vlc] libvlc output filtering

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Wed Sep 8 22:55:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm using VLCKit to embed VLC. I need to apply some filter options to the stream, and on the commandline, this works

/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC --vout-filter=transform --transform-type=hflip  <mymovie>

However, when I try to make these settings through libvlc, I get a black screen (audio is actually playing)

  libvlc_media_add_option((libvlc_media_t *) media->p_md,
			  "vout-filter=transform"
			  );
libvlc_media_add_option((libvlc_media_t *) media->p_md,
 			  "transform-type=90"
 			  );

I can do e.g.

  libvlc_media_add_option((libvlc_media_t *) media->p_md,
			  "vout-filter=wall"
			  );

and the output is affected (it seems a certain part of the image is zoomed, not exactly golden, but at least seems to show the general mechanism is working).

Any suggestions on this?

Diez