[vlc] VideoLAN download redirected to Media Player Setup

Eavenson, Pam Pam.Eavenson at huber.com
Mon Sep 13 15:54:00 CEST 2010

Good Morning,

Are you guys aware of a redirect from VideoLAN download to a bogus site
for Media Player Setup?  Several users within our organization visited
site www.videolan.org Severeceiving Media Player Setup with License
notations to coolyoutubeproxy.com and UpdateSvr.exe.  The files are
installed under a Flash directory and do not register as VideoLAN.  The
directory structure and icon appear as the 'cone' and do a very good job
of masking VideoLAN.

We are currently working to install the executable provided on a
temporary computer for analysis.  Please let me know if you are aware.

Thanks

Pam

Confidentiality Notice:

This email transmission and any attachments are intended only for the
use of the person to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information
that is confidential, privileged or otherwise exempt from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, or the person authorized to
deliver this email to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination of this email is prohibited.  If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying
to this message and deleting its contents from your inbox.