[vlc] Symbol lookup error

Marco netuse at lavabit.com
Tue Sep 14 01:18:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

I downgraded my system (including vlc) and now I get the following error
while trying to start vlc:
vlc: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/i686/cmov/libavcodec.so.51: undefined
symbol: lzo1x_decode

I cannot upgrade because newer vlc versions depend on a newer udev which does
not work on my system (this is not likely to be fixed).

Versions used:
vlc-0.8.6.h-4+lenny2.3
libavcodec51-0.svn20080206-18+lenny1

If I upgrade the libavcodec51 Package to the debian-multimedia.org variant,
vlc starts and plays sound but displays no video. The solution is (if I can
trust googles answers) to use the version above - but ...nope.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marco