[vlc] Symbol lookup error

Marco netuse at lavabit.com
Tue Sep 14 22:22:49 CEST 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 21:20:28 +0200, Christophe Mutricy <xtophe at chewa.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 10 at 01:18 +0200, Marco wrote:
> >
> > I downgraded my system (including vlc) and now I get the following error
> > while trying to start vlc:
> > vlc: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/i686/cmov/libavcodec.so.51: undefined
> > symbol: lzo1x_decode

> Looks like you still have some package from debian-multimedia.org like
> maybe libavutil.
Yes, I had. After changing them to the original debian versions vlc starts but
theres no video, only audio output while playing avi files. See the following
message.
main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `FMP4'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

What to do now?

Anyway thanks for your hint
Marco