[vlc] ask about playing *.mp5 file

Arioch the_Arioch at nm.ru
Fri Apr 1 23:27:12 CEST 2011

В письме от Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:22:59 +0300, Arif Faisal
<7890017 at gmail.com> сообщал:

> hi, I want to ask about VLC player. I have a several *.mp5 file. this
> file should like *.mp4 file which is movie file. but why it won't work

filename means nothing - you can rename anythign anyhow

you'd better tell internal format of file (containter format, videotrack
and audiotracks formats) with a tool like those
http://MediaInfo.sf.net
or gSpot
or Video Inspector
or .....

> when I play this file in VLC? it only produce sound and no picture on
> it. can you help me to fix this problem. if this concern with codec, I
> have download several codec package but it still won't work.

VLC does not care about codec packages
those packages are merely upgrades for Microsoft Direct X

But VLC is a separate player, not wrapper around Direct X

This makes VLC not only payer/convertor/server, but also perfect tool to
test if Direct X player is working or not

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/