[vlc] Help Please Win32 Activex DVB-T subtitles Problem

Guy Perkins me at atdotmedotuk.me.uk
Thu Apr 7 22:38:40 CEST 2011

Hi
Could somebody please assist me (Possibly a vlc-devel) who knows the DVB
& possibly Activex

The track-sub= option perameter appears to work & display DVB subtitles
(live local viewing scenario, not streaming), but there is a huge delay,
so the subtitles are refering to what happened a few seconds ago at
best. Sometimes the subtitles can even flash on & off like a strobe.
I am re-writing the HTML/JS for the latest win32 (1.1.8), as the
previous AX plug version iI was using, (0.9.4), kept "leaking pictures"
on Linear deinterlacing (giving tearing effects) if CPU load was
demanded elsewhere.
However the old 0.9.4 did play ball on DVB-T subtitles & would happily
display them without issue.

Is there an option perameter in 1.1.8 that needs to co-reside with the
sub-track= ? Or a javascript API call that I am missing to get this to
run smoothly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If anybody needs more info or clarification of the issue, please shout
up, I need to solve this.
(I am on the vlc-devel list, as I like to keep up to date with progress,
but I felt that although this is probably a question likely to be
answered by a dev, the question should probably be asked on the user
listing, but if a dev reading this knows who is likely to be able to
answer, could you pass the message on please, thanks)

Guy