[vlc] VLC-Player

Mag. Josef Gratzer josef.gratzer at dioezese-linz.at
Wed Aug 24 15:28:46 CEST 2011

I hope you can help me. My problem is this:
I carry a live stream over the Internet to a headend of a cable television
operator. I send with the Microsoft Media Encoder and receive with VLC
Player 1.1.10 with the following start command "start / wait C: \ Program
Files \ VideoLAN \ VLC \ vlc.exe http://80.75.59.184:8080 - width = 800 -
height = 600 - fullscreen vlc: / / quit "
This works fine. However, if a problem occurs on the Internet, remains the
player and the player can come only through close and restart the program
back to life.
My question now is whether there is a startup parameter specifies that stand
in such a case the player does not stay, special simply terminates.

Thank you for your reply

Mag. Josef Gratzer
Kirchengasse 1
A-4720 Neumarkt / Hausruckkreis