[vlc] Help wanted on locating crossed-linked video files

Kevin kevinau81 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:44:33 CEST 2011

Dear VLC Developers,

Help wanted on locating crossed-linked video files.
I have recorded some important video (*.ts files) from my iDTV on my external hard disk. Due to unknown reason, I get some cross-linked files message on that FAT32 partition. I played these files on my notebook but found that either it appears locked or it is showing another same video, but they can be played with the iDTV. I know that .ts files can be played from anywhere between the file, so as the videos are there, there must be a way to locate back the video although its file header information is wrong. It may be like looking for a needle in the sea but there should be a way to do it.  Can you please give me a helping hand how this can be done?

Thanks
Kevin