[vlc] vlc 1.1.7

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 20 13:09:42 CET 2011

Hello,

On 18.02.2011, at 14:52, roberta brooks wrote:

> Have downloaded vlc yet again.
> even re booted the computer, thinking it was something on thr cpu.
> So started frim scratch
> but still the same  wants to repair
>
> amd then starts fixing AVI
> But never does gets half way and never finished sits there thinking
> is on an i mac mini OS X 10.2
> What do i need to do
> Have tried older versions
> Then they wont verify

Mac OS X 10.2 was released 9 years ago and was superseded by 10.3 8 years ago. That's why it is no longer supported by current versions of VLC. The latest version of VLC requires 10.5 or later.

While we longer support versions of VLC capable running on 10.2 (should 0.7 or something like that), it should be possible to cancel the "fixing" of the AVI index and to play the file as is. However, seeking within the file might not be possible in this case.

Please provide the version of VLC you try to use in case you need further help.

Best regards,

Felix

--
VideoLAN