[vlc] vlc player problem

Romina @ AAA Home rominaformosa at aaamalta.com
Sat Jan 1 09:08:14 CET 2011

Please help!!!

I have always used vlc as my default media player. It is great!!!

Since a few days ago I am having a big problem with it. I now have the latest 1.1.5 version and have Windows XP on both computers I have at home. On one computer I cannot start vlc. Every time I start vlc the computer crashes and reboots saying it will scan the disk drive. This only happens on one computer, the other is ok.

I have now noticed that vlc crashes when it goes online, i.e. at startup vlc will check for updates and this will make it crash. If I uncheck the option in vlc to check for updates then vlc will start normally but as soon as I choose internet streaming my computer crashes again. It seems that vlc crashes every time it connects to the internet.

Please help me!!!

Regards
Joseph Spiteri