[vlc] report bug and solution

jcbernardo at voila.fr jcbernardo at voila.fr
Fri Jan 21 17:17:10 CET 2011

Hello,
I just installed vlc 1.1.5 and tried to convert some wma audio files into mp3.  Nothing happened for two titles.  5 tries for each.
Then I considered that one title had " that's " and the other " I've " in name.  So I thought choosing the title as it is was ok, but as destination title I let a space instead of the apostrophe.  It worked fine as long as the apostrophe is deleted.  I corrected then the mp3 titles putting back the apostrophe in place, and they played fine.
So today before this message I looked on your site and the forums searching in Windows for the word "apostrophe" and I saw that for a video conversion someone had the same trouble because for him the apostrophe was in the path for the destination files, (for him the path was  our stuff/Joe's stuff/  ).  The solution for him is to chose as destination  ( our stuff ) then the job done to move the file inside ( Joe's stuff ).  There's no need for him for such a minimal delay to look for a replacement punctuation sign or code line.
That's all.  I think if this particularity/bug cannot be fixed that is could be mentioned in a readme file to avoid this apparent problem in converting.
Than you for Vlc.
Jean-Claude BERNARDO
Paris, France.