[vlc] Crash when deinterlacing with Bob or Yadif 2x

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Thu Jun 30 04:54:18 CEST 2011

I was wanting to use the forum but I appears to be down.  I just installed
VLC 1.1.10 yesterday as I want to encode some of my 1080i25 H.264 AVC
handycam videos to a smaller size and deinterlace to 1080p50 x264 to retain
the resolution during motion.

When I selected Bob or Yadif 2x for a "Convert", VLC completely crashes and
vanishes.  Blend works fine but with bad motion artefacts.  An automatic
report was sent to the developers from the software.

I'm surprised I'm the only one who is trying to do this.  Is this a known
problem?

Cheers.