[vlc] VLC Player Firefox Plugin without Controls!

Jan Müller jan.mueller79 at gmx.de
Wed Mar 16 11:43:17 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm looking for weeks now for a solution to my problem but I can't find
anything that helps.
I've always watched divx videos in Firefox with the DivX web player.
Unfortunately it causes big problems and crashs in recent versions of FF. So
I looked for an alternative and installed the VLC Player (Version 1.1.7)
with the FF plugin. The video is played without problems and crashes but
unfortunately without any controls. I can see no bar with the button "Play /
Pause" etc. and I can not activate full screen mode via double click on the
video. Right click on the video does not show anything anyway.
I have now completely reinstalled Windows and installed the codec packs from
Shark. So everything should be fine as far as the system is concerned... but
the problem still remains.

My system:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E6750 @ 2,66 GHz

Mainboard: GIGABYTE P43 ES3G

Grafikkarte: nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB

Speicher: 4 x 1024MB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 @ 900MHz

OS: Windows 7 Professional x64

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.15

Many thanks in advance